- Has ability to work independently and effectively on multiple proposal efforts, toward the achievement of fully compliant and competitive cost proposals.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with funders, partners, and Pact staff in DC and country offices.
- Reviews RFAs, RFPs, and other solicitations for contractual and/or award compliance and regularly liaise with Grants and Contracts team to clarify compliance questions related to proposals. Answers or coordinates answers to cost allowability or other compliance questions.
- Prepares internal and external questions and clarifications for internal audiences and external clients. Keeps abreast of and provides guidance to staff on funder regulations related to live opportunities.
- Conduct desk research and analysis on US Government and other funders’ regulation policies including, but not limited to, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and US Department of State Standardized Regulations.
- Provides support to subaward negotiations under the direction of the Director of Pricing, including collection and review of documents from proposed subawardees
- Identifies cost-related risks related to internal and external requirements and recommend plan for mitigation including justification of working at risk. Makes recommendations to Director/Senior Director of Pricing related to development of company policies related to contract or award pricing compliance and risk management.
- Ensure all aspects of the cost proposal are drafted and presented in compliance with RFP/RFA specifications.
Cost Proposal Management
- As cost proposal manager, assigns all cost proposal sections in collaboration with proposal manager, proposal champion and other dept such as Grants & Contracts and HR, develops calendar for cost proposal, and ensures completion of all sections. Provides quality assurance (final assembly and production and quality control) of the entire cost proposal volume.
- Assist with the production of the cost proposal volume, responsible for ensuring all compliance and contractual documents of the cost proposal volume are completed and in accordance with client’s and Pact’s requirements, before sending documents to the proposal manager for final packaging and submission.
- Liaise with contracts and grants/finance and program operation staff supporting existing projects for country offices operational inputs on proposal development.
- Reviews, edits and finalizes budget documents and narrative for cost proposal. Review Cost proposals for realism, and compliance with NICRA, RFP/RFA and other technical requirements.
- Collaborates with different departments to ensure that budgets and budget notes provide a client-oriented high quality pricing proposal and properly interface with our internal financial and accounting systems.
- Assists colleagues with other budget development activities such as award/contract/subcontract budgets, task orders and pipeline analyses and reviews project budgets as needed during non-proposal periods.
- Makes recommendations to Director/Senior Director of Pricing related to development of company practices on cost and pricing.
- Develops, modifies, and customizes budget checklists and other templates to ensure all internal and external cost/pricing requirements are met.
When necessary, travels internationally to assist the proposal teams with budget preparation (understanding the activities to be undertaken on the project and the resources involved, and collecting local data and quotes).
Other Business Development Responsibilities:
- Researches and analyze various funder requirements for proposal budgeting and project management. Develop pricing tools, templates, guidance, and trainings, when applicable.
- Conducts market research and cost/data gathering for countries and program work. Create and revise cost-related tools, templates, worksheets, guides, and training manuals.
Partnership Engagement for Cost Proposal:
- Liaises with partners (primes or subs) on cost proposal requirements, ensuring compliance with client’s and Pact’s requirements and agreeing on timeline for deliverables and reviews.
- Interfaces with subcontractors/sub awardees to ensure budget documentation received is complete and reasonable, realistic, and, in collaboration with proposal managers, that the budgets are compliant with donor’s requirements and the technical approach.
All other duties as assigned