The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and the overall management and operations of the USAID ECBH Activity. The COP will supervise high-quality project implementation, with a focus on achieving the project goals and USAID/Ethiopia development objectives. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination of all activities across all relevant parties including: USAID, the Government of Ethiopia, health organizations, civil society, and private sector stakeholders. The COP will also oversee all project staff and sub-partners for results-oriented planning, leadership, and coordination of project activities.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- Ensure high-quality, results-oriented technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the project’s strategic objectives and approved annual workplans.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) on management and technical matters.
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules/regulations and Pact processes.
- Ensure that the project meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements.
- Take a leadership role in coordinating all project activities with USAID and key stakeholders, including partners, government stakeholders, civil society, and other USAID projects.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of activities across project partners, ensuring successful integration of activities.
- Liaise closely with Pact Ethiopia’s Country Director and finance team, and Pact’s U.S. team to ensure that all project activities are compliant with USG rules and regulations and consistent with Pact’s policies, procedures and best practices.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and project budget), monitoring and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and technical and financial reports) in accordance with USAID requirements and Pact’s internal standards.
- Oversee project budget and work in close coordination with the Finance/Operations Manager to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact’s resources.
- Support the implementation of a highly adaptive, context-driven programmatic approach to address the health and nutrition needs of targeted communities.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the project’s sub-award portfolio.
- Manage a team of flexible and adaptive employees and oversee evidence-based adjustments in programming to achieve greater impact.
- Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that program meets programmatic and financial targets and makes accurate projections.
- Represent the project at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Pact’s thought leadership in community health, capacity development, and civil society strengthening.