The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, determined as Key Personnel, will
provide leadership and technical guidance to the Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity program team on all MEL related issues and has primary responsibility for establishing and managing a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting and learning requirements, including PEPFAR reporting expectations. This position is contingent upon award.
The ICYD activity will address USAID/Uganda’s development objectives relating to child wellbeing, education, and youth development. This activity will be a flagship program administered by the Office of Education, Youth, and Child Development, the unit responsible for the Mission’s education and PEPFAR/OVC funding streams.
ICYD must use an integrated approach to realize the following objectives;
- Objective 1: Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Objective 2: Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and,
- Objective 3: Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
The ICYD Activity will need to contend with several mandatory pathways to achieve the three stated objectives. These include:
- Build from recent EGR support to MOES and target districts.
- Address primary school retention through a combination of family, community and school-based interventions that address known critical drivers of school dropout.
- Provide critical OVC services directly for up to two years while building the capacity of local partners to transition to prime awards with USAID/Uganda.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination to OVC service providers in service delivery districts.
- Deliver effective technical assistance and support to MGLSD and other public/private institutions to progressively transition OVC service delivery from USG support.
- Address sub-national constraints to priority outcomes through high-impact local partnerships.