Strategy & Planning
Objective 1: Contribute to the development and effective implementation of Aidsfonds policy and advocacy policy and advocacy strategies and activities at the global level, and support resource mobilisation for Aidsfonds where appropriate:
- With support from the Manager Policy & Subsidies, oversee the planning and implementation of Aidsfonds policy and advocacy activities in Washington D.C., New York, Brussels and Geneva and contribute to the organisation of key planning and strategizing processes for Aidsfonds global policy, including as part of Aidsfonds international programmes.
- Strengthen collaborative policy and advocacy work with key partners and networks focused on HIV, global health, and human rights in the U.S. and at the global level.
- Support the development and implementation of effective joint working plans and activities with the Free Space Process.
- Keep Aidsfonds partners in the global South appraised of relevant global policy processes and support partner engagement in these processes.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on results and expenditure as required. Identify resource mobilization opportunities and contribute to the development of fundraising proposals.
Obiective 2: Represent Aidsfonds with the USG, UN agencies and the World Bank, as well as in various U.S. based and global high level meetings, forums and conferences:
- Identify strategic opportunities to profile Aidsfonds work in the U.S. and engage organizational staff accordingly. Develop and maintain key relationships with senior level staff in USG agencies, UN agencies and World Bank.
- Represent Aidsfonds in relevant global fora and the media.
- Give regular briefings and presentations to a range of external audiences on Aidsfonds policy and programmatic priorities.
Policy dialogue & relationships
Objective 3: Foster policy dialogue and coordination with key civil society networks in the U.S., Europe, the Global South and at the global level and with the different relevant departments and teams at Aidsfonds:
- Harmonize and align where appropriate policy activities and messages between key civil society organizations and networks in the U.S., Europe, the Global South and at the global level and influence their policy positions.
- Participate in key Washington DC and New York Based civil society coalition forums and meetings, including the Global AIDS Round Table, relevant Global Health Council working groups, and ad hoc groups coming together around specific policy processes.
- Ensure strong working relationships with relevant Aidsfonds departments and teams, ensuring teams are well informed of key political and policy processes and agendas, contribute to organization strategies, and provide guidance and support on how Aidsfonds colleagues and partners can best engage in global and U.S. policy processes.
Objective 4: Ensure regular contributions to organizational communication tools and external/social media:
- Ensure relevant contributions to organizational annual reports, ebulletins, newsletters and websites/intranet.
- Write regular blogs and twitter updates and work with the Communications team on press releases and articles in external media when opportunities arise.
- Provide high-level intelligence to the Aidsfonds Management Team and PITCH Board regarding key global and U.S. political and policy developments.
Obiective 5: Provide effective staff management to Aidsfonds staff based in Brussels and Geneva:
- Provide line management to relevant staff, including through regular catch up meetings.
- Manage objective setting and performance management in accordance with Aidsfonds staff management policies.