Financial Management and Leadership
- Ensure proper management of general ledger and weekly posting of transactions
- Review of payroll processing and payments
- Capturing of payroll journal and clearing of payroll suspense account
- Review and management of balance sheet reconciliations
- Coordinate month end process
- Review and approval of trial balance and general ledger.
- Intercompany transactions management and reporting
- Management of inter fund clearing accounts
- Develop monthly financial accounts
- Cash flow management and review of monthly cash flow forecast
- Monitoring of expenditure against budget.
- Monitoring subcontractors’ expenditures against overall project and subcontractors’ budgets.
- Review of monthly PSR report and addressing any queries with HQ.
- Manage bank accounts.
Strategic Annual Financial Planning
- Lead annual financial strategic planning
- Develop annual planning guidelines and timetable
- Develop templates for information collection to feed into the main HQ template
- Provide support and work closely with departmental leads on developing budgets
- Produce the consolidated financial annual plan for review and approval by CoP.
- Provide financial planning support on any other projects as necessary.
External Stakeholder Reporting
- Quarterly USAID forecast reports.
- Submission of monthly USAID Invoices.
- DSD quarterly financial report and annual report.
- Review of Mott MacDonald monthly reports and LOE submission including compliance review.
- Quarterly review of Mott MacDonald’s financial report and monthly forecast against implementation plan.
- As needed reviews of financial reports for other subcontractors.
- Provide support and guidance on annual financial planning for Mott MacDonald and other subcontractors as applicable.
- Manage obligations and modifications for Pact, Mott MacDonald, and other subcontractors.
- Management of contract obligations and subcontract obligations on Serenic and/or Promise.
- Manage relationships with the bank.
Internal Control Systems Management
- Developing and updating policies and procedures in line with USAID rules and regulations and Pact’s global financial policies.
- Put in place internal controls to ensure proper segregation of duties, cost effectiveness and safe guarding of Pact’s financial assets.
- Preparation for ICR process and follow up of findings to ensure improvement of internal controls and provide report to SMT.
Staff Supervision and Professional Development
- Setting performance goals with reporting staff.
- Review of performance against planned goals and agreeing on plan of action.
- Identify and agree areas of development – create a development plan.
- Manage staff morale working with Human Resources.
- Work with Company Secretary to ensure CIPC compliance.
- Ensure compliance with statutory bodies locally.
- Monthly reporting and payment of PAYE, SDL & UIF as well as VAT.
- Updating of payroll software to incorporate new tax regulations.
- Ensure submission of employer payroll declarations: semi-annually and annual.
- Review and ensure submission of Workman’s Compensation declaration and payment annually.
- Preparation and coordination of annual audits.
- Address audit findings and provide report to SMT.
- Ensure updating of bank mandates as necessary.
Managing of Procurement and IT
- Managing and monitoring procurement policies and systems in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Ensure procurement is done in line with USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain procurement systems and standards according to Pact Operational Policy and Procedures Manual and strictly adhering to procurement limits.
- Manage and monitor relationship with Netology ensuring value for money.
Facilities and Equipment Management
- Maintaining of lease and service level agreements (Office, Office Cleaning and Cellphone).
- Ensure that operations staff promptly report problems to building management.
- Provide financial oversight of the facilities budget.
- Ensure that office and asset security is consistently checked and updated where necessary and that all equipment and office space is sufficiently covered by insurance policy.
- Ensure that adequate logistical and administration support is granted to the organization.
- Review and monitoring of administrative policies and procedures in coordination with Finance & Operations Manager and TLA Manager.